So I know wedding dresses get all of the attention when it comes to re-wearing. There’s something romantic about a girl choosing to walk down the aisle in the same dress her mother wore when marrying her father (presumably, the marriage worked out). But hey, wedding dresses that have hung in the closet for years shouldn’t get to have all the fun.
That’s why enterprising teens with great eyes for fashion are yanking out their moms’ prom dresses from the ’80s and ’90s and giving them new life and new funk today. And after you flip through these 12 awesome examples, you’re totally going to want to rifle through your own mom’s things in search of a gem.
12. I think I’m most impressed by how far cameras have come
11. Little black dress ftw!
10. Who says the ’80s are dead?
9. Gorgeous dresses stand the test of time
8. This is adorable!
7. This is so super cool. And a gorgeous gown.
6. When your daughter wears it better than you did…you’re super proud, I’m guessing
5. Clever girl
4. The daughter comes by her sauciness naturally, for sure
3. Mama/Daughter twins. Whoa!
2. Major heart eyes
1. Because classic black never goes out of style
h/t: Bored Panda