Temporarily running away from home is a classic kid move. Most of us, at some point in our childhoods, probably did it. And the experience usually goes the same way: Kid gets outraged at some rule their parents made up. Kid decides that living on their own is the only way to escape parental tyranny. Kid packs a few essentials, (usually toys), and embarks for greener pastures. And then, a short time later, kid realizes that having parents to take care of them greatly outweighs sleeping under a bridge.
Here are 15 notes from kids who were convinced they were leaving home for good. Even if the “runaway” only lasted a few minutes, the letters have stuck around for much longer. Lucky for us!
1. A considerate runaway.
2. No cops!
3. Keeping his options open.
4. The Disgruntled Kid Relocation Program
5. Note to self.
6. Home away from home.
7. That’s as good a reason as any.
8. Sibling rivalry, much?
9. That feeling never really goes away, kiddo.
10. Don’t bother looking for me…for at least 20 minutes.
11. Falsely accused.
12. Yeah, but who gets all the stuff?
13. Short and not-so-sweet.
14. The ball hog.
15. Something tells me she wants to be found…