These signs mostly weird travelers out, confuse them, or straight up terrify them instead. Seriously, whoever wrote these needs to take a hard look at their lives and their choices. Or at least their ability to successfully communicate with other human beings.
5. “Touching Wires Causes Instant Death” in Newcastle, Australia
And also a $200 fine, which I suppose must be imposed on your next of kin?
4. “Secret Nuclear Bunker” in Essex, England
Trust the Brits to hand deliver nukes to anyone who happens to be a bit lost while invading the island. So polite.
In this case, it’s an ex-secret bunker that’s now a museum, though.
3. “Brakeless Trucks Use Freeway” in Northern California
The sign is supposed to be useful, not terrifying – it’s pointing trucks who find themselves with faulty brakes in a direction that will help them slow down and eventually stop.
2. “Warning: Please Look Under Your Vehicle For Penguins” in Cape Town, South Africa
I know, I know, now you want to visit! So do I.
1. “Beware of Invisible Cows” in Mauna Kea, Hawaii, USA
It’s a bit misleading. The sign isn’t referring to actual invisible cows, but to dark-colored cows that are difficult (or impossible) to see at night.