Advertisement

A Bunch of Elementary School Kids Were Sent to the Hospital After Accidentally Eating Weed Gummies

©Pixabay

Advertisement

Yes, you read that headline right. This world, y’all, I tell you.

At least it’s entertaining…as long as it’s not your kid.

It happened at Anton Grdina School in Cleveland, OH (where medicinal marijuana is legal but recreational forms are not, FYI), when a student grabbed a bag of gummy bears from home and shared them with 14 of his friends, ages 5-9. A number of them complained of stomach pain and, after the gummies were discovered, 9 of them ended up in the hospital.

Photo Credit: Pixabay

The principal at the school made the following statement:

“Although most of our students were not involved in this incident…I am taking time to remind ALL parents and caregivers of the importance of keeping medicines and other items that may be harmful to children locked up. Thank you for the opportunity to use the incident today as a teachable moment for our school community of our shared responsibility to keep our students safe.”

Photo Credit: Pixabay

After speaking with the boy who distributed the gummies, police charged his mother with child endangerment.