If you’re a pet owner, one of the most difficult moments for both you and your pet is when you have to leave your pet home alone. That’s also what inspired illustrator Gemma Gené to begin drawing cartoons about her pug, Mochi.
“I missed Mochi so much during my work hours that I started drawing about him on my subway commutes,” she says. “The drawings are little stories about love and the daily little things that happen when you have a dog.”
Gemma shares her cartoons on her Instagram page, @157ofgemma, where she’s racked up over 200k followers. It’s easy to see why, as her drawing of Mochi resonate with experiences we’ve all had. Or as Gemma puts it, “What makes Mochi so unique is so common in many dogs, and pet parents relate to them very much.”
You can check out @157ofgemma for more cartoons about Mochi. You can also find Gemma’s Spanish-language book Mi Vida con Mochi here, or Mochi merchandise here. And if you want even more Mochi info, head to Gemma’s website right here.
But in the meantime, scroll down and check out 15 of the best cartoons about Mochi!
1. “I don’t have any piece of clothing that is not covered in dog hair. I should consider only wearing beige.”
2. “Our daily routine.”
3. “Mochi teaching the rules to my dad.”
4. “It works like a charm…”
5. “The story of every single night.”
6. “Us at the park yesterday.”
7. “True story. Mochi is a total people dog.”
8. “One day my partner told me Mochi does this to him when he gets home. Does anyone else have this problem?”
9. “The couch Mochi, it is always the couch. #Realpugproblems”
10. “The reason why I am always late.”
11. “True story, one day Mochi left me for a neighbor carrying a pizza.”
12. “When you stink of betrayal.”
13. “I love it when Mochi is too lazy to bark but doesn’t forget his guard duties.”
14. “What would your dog do if a burglar got inside the house?”
15. “Every single time I look into Mochi’s eyes.”
Livin’ that pug life.