Here’s the thing about getting older: it’s better than the alternative.
I get maybe that’s a cheesy thing to say, but that doesn’t stop it from being true – there are so many folks who would have loved the chance to see their kids be teenagers and grownups and run into the kids they taught in 4th grade while they’re shopping in the maternity section and about a hundred other rites of passage we take for granted when we live long lives.
That said, no one ever promised it would be easy, and having teenagers long to have grown up way back in the 90s – when you did – stings just a little bit.
So, read on with caution, my friends.
10. Oh, it was.
Just watch a Freddie Prinze, Jr. movie and you’ll see.
9. And those are just the tip of the iceberg.
Big, awesome tips. (TWSS)
8. I think she should back it up a decade.
The aughts were a confusing time.
7. I mean pop culture is technically…
You know what? Never mind.
6. Not having the internet in our hands was simpler.
But every generation has its troubles.
5. Some things just continue to speak.
Like the 90s stars of film and television. They shall never die.
4. They don’t want to go back too far.
No one wants those 80s hairstyles if they can help it.
3. That is extremely specific.
And, I’m sorry to say, not the best of the bunch.
2. That was the year I started high school.
1. I’m not sure that’s the best reason.
We’re going to need you to resubmit your application.
I mean, we always knew the 90s were the best time to grow up, and here’s proof!
What was your favorite thing about being a 90s kid? Share it with us in the comments.