Everyone says dumb things without thinking sometimes, right? We laugh at ourselves for being silly, or maybe we genuinely even learn something we should have figured out years ago, but the ribbing and laughter is all in good fun.
Sometimes, though, those things we “should” have known aren’t really funny, because honestly, how can a person grow into a full adult without figuring these basic things out?
If you’re wondering what I mean, well, we’ve got 10 online posts below that are pretty much guaranteed to drop your jaw.
10. Politics are complicated.
Why do we need two houses, really? Pshaw.
9. You don’t really “retire” from being the President.
Also, have you heard of something called term limits?
8. I’m definitely stealing this term.
And I’m sure the bears do, from time to time.
7. Seems a likely explanation.
Also, perhaps you should have your eyes checked? Or just stop looking at the sun.
6. This is a sick burn.
But mostly it’s just that we’re lazy.
5. Are they correcting someone FROM Ireland?
I’m pretty sure that’s what’s happening here.
4. That’s actually how this works, you knucklehead.
It’s exhausting, isn’t it?
3. I don’t mean to burst your bubble, sir.
But have you heard that mammals can swim?
2. You just described an adjective.
1. I’m not sure you’re ready for the hard one, ma’am.
Maybe think about it for more than 5 seconds next time.
It’s just flabbergasting, right? Which is an excellent word.
Have you ever had an encounter like this in real life? Tell us about it in the comments!