Listen, every last one of us is guilty of sending a text to the wrong person on occasion. I’m personally so paranoid about it that I’ll often double check two and three times (especially if I’m talking about someone, obvs), but sending something awkward to my parents has not, thankfully, ever happened.
These 11 parents no doubt wish it hadn’t happened to them, but well…it’s too late for that.
11. What is happening here.
Are drugs involved? #momquestion
10. Mom with the pop culture reference win!
I aspire to be this cool a Mom (even if she probably Googled it).
9. Yeah he’s not going to be able to forget that.
Also there are now bars on your window.
8. I think we all know the answer to that.
I am dying for this kid.
7. Just cuddle your mom!
You know it will make you feel better.
6. Dad with the jokes!
Ill-timed, but still funny.
5. This must be an adult child.
Thank goodness for small favors, at least.
4. You think it was a nice save.
Your mom wasn’t just born yesterday, though.
3. I’d like to see her answer that.
Twisting herself into a pretzel won’t be good for her back.
2. I don’t know if any of that was true.
But I mean…you don’t talk about someone’s Mama.
1. It’s nice to end on a wholesome note.
I wouldn’t mind getting this text, honestly.
The awkward is so unbelievably strong with these omg.
Has anything like this ever happened to you? Tell us about it in the comments!