Most folks try to be good people, to put positivity and happiness into the world and to generally not leave others worse off than when they encountered them.
And that’s for strangers – when it comes to people we love (especially our own children) – most of us go out of our way to make sure that no lasting (or even temporary) mental damage is done.
It seems like a few people, whether on purpose or just by accident, say things to their kids that left lasting remarks – things these 14 people will never forget.
14. Totally unnecessary truth.
Some things you just keep to yourself forever.
13. Something tells me she was just jealous.
But that doesn’t make it right.
12. Why was she even alone with him?
That’s the best question.
11. What about “accidents happen?”
That would have been the best thing to say.
10. This literally broke my heart.
This is an absolutely hateful thing to do.
9. That is supremely unhelpful.
Why does anyone think this is ok?
8. Moms are always supposed to say you’re pretty.
That’s in the Good Mom Handbook.
7. This is all disgusting.
Men like him should be banned from even speaking to children.
6. Or she could show it off to a friend?
I am cringing so hard at this interaction.
5. Their brain tried to block it out.
So sorry they wrote it down.
4. I hope they stop letting her affect them soon.
3. She probably never will.
That’s the sad truth of the matter.
2. This made me gasp in horror.
How does a child even begin to get over that?
1. How can anyone treat their child like that?
I’m glad they cut them off.
Wow, some people are just so needlessly cruel.
I hope no one has ever said anything like this to you, but if they have, please share it with us in the comments!