The purpose of Amazon’s customer reviews is to help you make a decision when buying their products. And while the vast majority of their product reviews are sincere, there’s also a tiny percentage of reviews that are completely, hilarious unhelpful.
There are lots of ways to write a funny product review. Some folks will make fun of a product that totally deserves it. Others voice totally unreasonable complaints about a product, the kind that only an insane person would make. Still others just go nuts and write an absurd stream of consciousness. Point is, there are some hidden gems on Amazon, and you don’t even have to pay for them.
Below, check out 15 of the best fake reviews for real Amazon products, (via Bored Panda.) No, they won’t help you decide whether to buy that immersion blender, but you’ll have a much better time shopping for it.
1. This product works a little TOO well.
2. When you have kids, it’s important to establish the alpha.
Photo Credit: Amazon
3. Party like it’s 1995.
4. Continuing the work of the late, great Roger Ebert.
5. Might cause side effects. Not necessarily a problem.
6. This one’s for all the science lovers out there.
7. Slice a banana, save a relationship.
8. It’s about time someone cracked down on baby books.
9. Eh, I’ll wait ’til it comes out on paperback.
10. Someone took “pyramid scheme” a bit too literally.
11. If you’re going to make “pens for women,” expect this kind of response.
12. Think glitter’s just for arts and crafts? Think again.
13. I hope no one tells this person about $200 shoes.
14. Cheap UFO detectors are honestly a waste of money. Go with a top-of-the-line model.
15. Sometimes, the truth is the funniest. Beware sugar-free gummies.
h/t: Bored Panda