Dad jokes get a bad rap because they’re cheesy and punny and obvious and you know, dads are telling them, but here’s the thing: they are actually funny if you let yourself really sink into the moment.
If you secretly love dad jokes as much as you hate them, don’t worry – we promise not to tell anyone you laughed at these 16 funnies.
16. Except you know he doesn’t really care.
That’s the beauty of it.
15. It’s just too bad to be true…
Can’t take my eyes off of you.
14. They have so little.
Just let them be happy.
13. They’ve gotta check it out.
Same goes for anything their neighbor is doing in the yard.
12. That’s a true dad talent right there.
Although grandpas and moms are pretty good at it, too.
11. They’re all going to fail.
No way, no how.
10. It will literally blow out your eardrums.
Especially in the car.
9. They have to survey their kingdom.
And also they really need a break.
8. Larry David is the ultimate dad.
I love it and I ship it for all of us.
7. Neighborhood watch, activate.
He really wants to go out there and ask what’s going on.
6. IDK this guy looks pretty good.
I’m pretty sure that makes me old.
5. Doing the good work.
There’s nothing more important than making good time.
4. They will brag to anyone.
That lawn is their baby (and their excuse to get out of the house).
3. That’s a daddy’s girl right there.
He’s never been prouder of a school assignment in his life.
2. Everyone who cuts hair at Sport Clips knows.
So does everyone who is married to a New Balance dad.
1. We need good excuses for naps.
Even if we have to pretend to like hockey to get them.
I have to admit that most of these earned at least a snort from me.
Tell us in the comments which one you forwarded to a friend who loves puns!