There’s no one universal experience of being a mom, but there are some things I think most of us experience while we’re muddling through the days and nights that can seem so long – until they don’t.
If you’re at any point on your mom journey, there’s a good chance you’ll see yourself in these 20 memes – and we can all chuckle at the tough stuff together, right?
20. I have no idea what’s wrong!
We’ll have to ask Daddy when he gets home…
19. I mean, fair question.
The answer to the first question is “because we live here all day.”
18. This is a little too real.
Our minds are not what they used to be.
17. No judgement.
Only love, my friend.
16. You’ve got to maintain your innocence.
That’s what the crime docs have taught us.
15. It’s just so loud, y’all.
Earplugs are your friend.
14. A little bit of everything.
That can look like nothing if you weren’t there.
13. We can all be great.
Build each other up!
12. They are the same person.
Toddlers have split personalities.
11. Dad does one in your house?
My husband clearly got off easy.
10. Tell me where to turn.
Using “right” or “left” only.
9. They barely even belong to you anymore.
What is modesty even?
8. What’s that like?
I honestly can’t even remember.
7. Your brain is not your friend.
Aside from keeping you alive, it’s just a jerk.
My kids had better take up praying.
5. Spoiler Alert: it’s never amazing.
But you will have to pretend that it is.
4. This is true.
It’s supposedly less traumatizing but I’m not sure.
3. It’s the only time they will hear you.
Never assume they’re not listening.
2. Have kids, they said.
They’re so sweet, they said.
1. It never ends.
Just like the laundry.
We all agree this is the best and hardest job, right?
Tell us in the comments one of the biggest good surprises you’ve had as a parent!