Way too many people are of the opinion that moms who stay at home with their kids are living the good life – and by that, they mean the easy life. No job, just playing with cute kids, making lunches, and doing a few loads of laundry all day long.
If you’ve ever actually given the gig a go, though, you know that it’s relentless, there are no monetary benefits, there’s nowhere to escape, and obviously, there’s no pay.
There are a lot of perks, too, and if you’re someone who knows exactly what they are, these 15 memes are for you.
15. Funny how that happens.
But they’re not too tired to say they want to go to the playground.
14. Are they old enough to pour their own cereal?
I can’t wait for this day.
13. What even is a bon-bon.
Does anyone know?
12. You can only pack so much into those couple of hours.
Bless the years of good naps.
11. It’s definitely a privilege.
We have to recognize that.
10. There’s nothing like that quiet.
No matter how long it lasts.
9. I offer to trade places with my husband often.
He never takes me up on it.
8. It’s just you and them.
They’re the cute ones. It’s their whole schtick.
7. There’s nowhere to clock out.
I know because I’ve definitely looked.
6. Called my husband “bud” tonight.
I barely even noticed.
5. You don’t have a pair for every day?
Rookie mistake, my friend.
4. Ah, American life.
I swear it’s not like this everywhere.
3. Because it’s too hard to be a real job.
Honestly. No one would apply.
2. They’re not paying attention to you at all…
Then you pick up the phone, or a book.
1. There’s no time off from motherhood.
Honestly, we feel guilty when we insist and take it anyway.
It’s a great gig, despite the hardships – go you, ladies, for tackling it every single day.
Share your favorite mom hack with us in the comments!