We’re all getting older, and maybe we’re starting to look more like our parents. We’re starting to see the points-of-view the older people in our lives espoused all those years ago. And we’re starting to say things that used to make us cringe.
If we were lucky enough to inherit treasures from our grandparents, some of these 12 things might even be popping up around our homes – because there’s a 99% chance your grandparents had this stuff, too.
12. These deadly carpet protectors.
Heaven help you if they got flipped up.
11. In those exact same colors, too.
I can smell the dust bunnies.
10. If it’s got a monogram, it’s not for using.
You know better than to dry your hands on those.
9. These were decorations.
Even though they probably still worked.
8. They conveniently matched the lawn.
Also, you were never quite sure whether they would hold your weight.
7. My parents had this until I was in college.
Dating myself, I know.
6. You couldn’t live without at least one of these.
I have no idea why.
5. Why would you BUY Tupperware?
You could lose the lids for these containers just as easily.
Every black grandma 👵 in the world used these for leftovers pic.twitter.com/45OrNKYGC6
— 🔥 Summertime CHI 🔥 (@Marley__Monroe) June 15, 2015
4. They weren’t quite as good as the ones you got from Hardees.
But they were still nice.
3. These were full-on goblets.
That no one was interested in using.
2. What even was this pattern?
It’s giving me a headache.
1. Fancy doorknobs everywhere.
Even in the bathroom.
My heart is full of nostalgia, friends!
Which of these things did you pounce on when you lost a grandparent?
Tell me in the comments!