You know the Dad Joke (TM) brand, right? They’ve got to be terrible puns or dubious play-on-words, and inspire an equal desire to groan and snort at the same time.
Like all comedy, the balance isn’t as easy to strike as you might think before you’ve tried it – but if you’re looking for perfect examples, it doesn’t get much better than these 14 pictures!
14. Yep. That’s a joke.
Not a great one, but I’m sure Dad was proud.
PSA about bacon in the sun-or 'pig should apply' sunscreen
13. This inspired a disgusted head shake.
It was the best I could do, Dad.
12. That’s a reach but I’ll allow it.
It’s hard to work “udder” into a joke.
I know some of y'all thinking what udder nonsense but I'm keeping the udder joke I planned udderwraps for now.
11. Your younger kids would love this one.
Don’t tell it to them unless you want to hear it 100x, though.
OEUF!! That was bad but at least I hope you cracked a smile!
10. The “it doesn’t matter because” jokes are some of my favorites.
They always sort of surprise you, right?
I find these pups are cross breeds.
9. Timely AND terrible!
What a masterpiece!
Since we're stuck at home I’m taking up meditation. I figure it’s better than sitting around doing nothing.
8. Another great one to share with your littles.
Laughing together is the best.
7. For the sports fans in the house.
They deserve a decent groan, too.
6. This one made me laugh out loud.
It’s the visual that does it, I think.
5. I’m sure this has been done before.
It never really gets old, though.
She starts every session slw so her clients don't get a Cardi yak….#🤣 #monday
4. I’m going to have to share this one with my dad.
He will love it but hate that he didn’t think of it first.
3. How have we missed this for all of these thousands of years??
I really want to know.
2. Okay this needs to stop.
I’ve had enough!!
I told my youngest daughter that I've basically gone viral with my BAD DAD JOKES and she said "Dad-that's a pigment of your imagination and where's my breakfast?"
1. Based on the musical, this seems right.
Another timely pop culture reference. I’m impressed.
I’m definitely having the desired (for them!) reaction, y’all.
Which of these gave you the perfect groan/snicker combo? Let us know in the comments!