There are some issues that will reliably bring out the mommy-shamers every single time – breastfeeding, sleep training, diet, and homeschooling are some of the most popular and long-lasting battles in the world of motherhood – but honestly, you’d be surprised what choices other moms will shame you for.
Some of them are downright unbelievable, but I guess it must be nice to be so stinking secure in the belief that your decisions are the only right ones in the world.
If you don’t believe me, just check out the reasons these 10 women found themselves targeted by one of their own.
10. No kid needs that voice in their ear.
Pretty soon they’ll think it’s their own.
9. As long as she’s healthy, it’s nobody’s business.
There are a million differently lifestyle choices out there.
8. I think the mom just wanted cookies.
I’m just saying.
7. This just made me laugh out loud.
The things I said to my infants in a sleep-deprived state.
6. This is such a common story.
You never know what’s going on behind the scenes – and you shouldn’t.
5. She’s lucky no one called the police.
4. Until you have a runner, you don’t know.
Once you do, you will judge no more.
3. Gender is a social construct.
All toys are for all kids. Repeat after me.
2. That’s only one reason.
What’s wrong with pinching pennies, anyway?
1. It’s a scary world out there.
That girl is gonna be the shark one day.
I am so over the mom shaming – we should be bringing each other booze and fireman calendars, not criticizing each other’s every move.
Have you ever been unjustly mommy-shamed? Share the story with us in the comments!