I would venture a guess that most parents – moms and dads alike – feel like they could be doing a better job sometimes. The guilt goes part and parcel with having kids, and for the most part we get used to it.
These 10 women are getting real about the reasons they sometimes feel like they’re not up to snuff, and I bet they’re going to make you feel a little bit better.
10. What’s better, though?
There’s really only “different.”
9. We have to know our limits.
And do what’s best for the kids.
8. No, it makes you someone with anxiety.
Be kind to yourself.
7. It might change, it might not.
Every journey is different.
6. The have the parent they’re meant to have.
You’re what they need.
5. You’ve gotta let that go.
But we’re only human, and it takes time.
4. Those early years can be hard.
It does get easier.
3. We do what’s best for them.
Even when it’s really really hard.
2. We all feel that way. Truly.
But we don’t do it. That’s what matters.
1. Don’t worry about what people think.
Just worry about your relationship with your kids.
Take heart, mamas – if you’re worried about doing a good job, you’re already on the right track.
What’s a reason you’ve beat yourself up that you wish you hadn’t? Give us a pep talk in the comments!