There is a law in the universe that says whoever in the house did not want a pet will be that pet’s favorite person until they love them unconditionally.
I don’t make the rules, y’all. That’s just how it is.
Which is why you can tell by these pictures that these dads were 100% against the whole pet idea (but they’re definitely not anymore).
12. Dogs don’t want to do yoga.
But they do want to sit on you whenever you’re on the floor, so.
11. They are obviously in love.
My husband doesn’t even look at me like this.
My dad: CAN WE RETURN IT??? IF WE KEEP IT, IT CAN’T GO ON THE FURNITURE AND I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. My dad, out loud, mere days later: “Let’s move this pillow to give you more room. Are you comfy? Do you want some pets? Let’s read together.” from dadswhodidnotwantpets
10. A sensitive breed, you say?
I guarantee you he covers her ears when people speak ill.
9. You can’t not love a dog. It’s impossible.
Also, you can’t be my friend if your dog doesn’t have a special, personalized song.
8. Sometimes it’s just about finding the right cat.
Or the most persistent cat, but maybe that’s the same thing.
My dad hated my previous cat Goldie because my dad worked away so Goldie wasn’t used to him. He’s also “dog person” and really wanted a dog. Reluctantly we got Soldier when Goldie passed away. They’ve been besties ever since. from dadswhodidnotwantpets
7. He knows that cat is going to eat that string bean the first chance he gets, yeah?
He’ll still love him, though. I feel it.
6. It’s the camera part that really got me.
Need to make sure she’s home safe before we can get any good shuteye!
5. Hey, they just get each other.
Everyone needs a porch buddy.
4. This is the greatest picture in the history of the world.
The longer you look, the more awesome you see.
3. He just had surgery, he can’t lie on the floor alone!
He’s lying. On. The floor.
2. Talk about going above and beyond.
But seriously that is some excellent craftmanship.
1. Not only is he in the house, he’s on the furniture.
And he’s hogging it, by the looks of things.
I could not love these more; my husband is currently one of these dads and it’s adorable.
Who in your family did NOT want the pet but is now the pet’s favorite person? Tell us in the comments!