I have only been a parent for 3 years, but here’s what I’ve learned: I am not like other parents, and that is okay. Other moms appear to at least glance into mirrors before they take their children places. They seem to check their clothes for random splatters, and their kids’ faces are never randomly smeared with something they found to eat in their car seats.
I am not the coolest or most organized or best smelling or skinniest mom on the block, but since I love my kids and they seem to be doing okay, I give myself a break on the rest.
If you’re sort of a hot mess parent, well, these 12 memes are totally for us.
12. And suddenly, you just want to go back into the house and chuck your plans.
11. Or my go-to, it has caffeine in it.
10. Yes I just answered this question.
9. I mean. You only have yourself to blame.
8. And somehow, your first response isn’t GROSS!
7. I feel personally attacked by this post.
6. I would say her job here is done.
5. I am really looking forward to this moment.
4. I swear they just know.
3. You change it, I’ll listen to the recap.
2. This is hilarious and also so so true.
1. It’s like we’re all Schrodinger.
I’m fine with being a mess, though I have recently promised my husband I would TRY to keep the family car clean. Fingers crossed!
What kind of parent are you? The funny thing is, our kids can embarrass us no matter what…tell me your most mortifying mom/dad story in the comments!