When you witness the generation battles on the internet, it’s usually the Boomers and the Millennials going at it. Every time there’s a graphic on the television, talking about what years go with what generations and what separates them, etc, Generation X is often not even listed.
Which is funny, because no one remembers us but honestly, that’s exactly the way we like it.
If that’s your generation and your people, these 12 memes are for you.
12. They really don’t realize the amount of power we have.
But again, that’s the way we like it.
11. Don’t be mad at us because we’re happy.
And also we probably still have our own hair.
10. I have never seen a more accurate meme in my life.
Han Solo is the quintessential GenXer.
9. We’re all a bunch of Jans.
To be honest, I’m really ok with that.
8. We’ll still be here when the dust settles.
Which kind of sucks, because that means then we’ll have to do something.
7. But that’s largely just because we hate everything.
It’s kind of our schtick.
6. It’s a lost art.
That never really paid, to be honest.
5. I mean it’s certainly not going to hurt anything.
May as well give it a go.
4. We’re paying attention, we swear.
Also we are a bunch of lying liars.
3. Nihilism has its perks.
So do other ways of medicating. I hear.
2. Don’t remind anyone we’re here.
It’s better this way, I promise.
1. It’s the one thing our parents really taught us.
The kids will be fine.
Loud and proud, y’all. But don’t shout, because we don’t want anyone to remember we’re here.
What’s your favorite GenX memory? Share it with us in the comments!