Before you’re a parent, you have all of these ideas about how sweet and calm and full of cuddles your bedtime routine is going to be.
Then you have kids, and you realize that bedtime is relentless. It’s every night, and although you can try everything under the sun, kids just go to sleep when they good and well feel like it.
A fact these 12 parents feel all the way to the depths of their souls.
12. And no, their pajamas will not be on when you check.
Also their rooms are a mess again!
11. This quote is just so apt.
They are the ones in charge.
10. Time to yourself, you say?
9. He should know better.
And yet, he will make the same mistake again.
8. In the blink of an eye.
At first it seems like a trick.
7. Tell them to ask Alexa.
The robots need to be good for something.
6. You definitely don’t know what time it is.
At least television isn’t tied to the time anymore.
5. They don’t want to do any of that.
And do you have some choices to make, my friends.
4. There’s patience, and then there is being a saint.
Very few people accomplish the second thing.
3. I swear that’s what they hear.
Some form of it, anyway.
2. Don’t look in the mirror.
Just trust me on this one.
1. Curse Dr. Suess.
Those are the longest books ever.
Bedtime, our relationship is so complicated!
If you’ve got tips and tricks that work in your house, share them with us in the comments!