Kids get up to funny, insightful, and surprising things on a regular basis. They’re curious, they’re experimenting, and yes, they can often seem to have a death wish – but as a parent, some of those candid pictures are the best memories we’re gonna get of what it was really like to live with littles.
Thank goodness for camera phones!
These 12 parents pulled off some pretty perfect shots, too – it pays to be in the right place at the right time!
12. What even are rules these days?
— Cory Childs (@corychilds07) March 16, 2020
11. Oh my land, those beautiful floors.
Isolation’s going well pic.twitter.com/XqY58BC8aC
— Clare 🍀💚🍀 (@clare_doc) March 19, 2020
10. These kids are totally going up for adoption.
My friend bought 18 loo rolls and her kids put them all in the bath pic.twitter.com/sxRsiRLOrV
— Ed Cumming (@edcumming) March 16, 2020
9. Sir, I do believe there’s something on your head…
8. Everyone knows cardboard boxes are the best toys.
7. This would be cuter if it wasn’t paint.
View this post on Instagram
Using my tears to clean the crusted green paint speckled all over our house. #kidsaretheworst I didn’t post this on Wednesday when it happened because it was NOT funny yet. #art #no #washyourhands Update: There was a 1-ft wide trail of green paint around our entire island. The majority of the paint was cleaned up but it is still on the couch seams and floor cracks and random places we’ve washed but haven’t rewashed yet. Thank you for all the good vibes sent our way. 😂
6. What, that’s not productive?
5. Time to break out the board games. That’ll teach ’em.
4. Good thing that iPad is there to distract her.
3. That’s one way to get your older kids to leave you alone!
2. Kids these days have no respect!
1. Raising those little nerds right, I see!
I love watching and listening to my kids when they don’t know I’m there. Sure, it’s a little creepy, but it’s where I hear all of the best material.
What’s the cutest/funniest thing you’ve ever caught your kiddos doing when they thought you weren’t looking?
I’m sure you’ve got some good stories to share in the comments!