I don’t know who came up with the saying “sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me,” but I think they were delusional (or maybe just traded in wishful thinking). Words can and do hurt, and honestly, the marks they leave on people – especially children – last longer than most physical wounds ever will.
As parents, I would think that being cruel to our children would be something we would want to avoid, but for some, it seems to be their stock-in-trade.
These 12 parents were horrible to their own littles, and those kids will probably never forget.
12. I’m so proud of this person.
We’re all worth it, my friends.
11. Too common of a story, I fear.
I hate that so many kids have to overcome this.
10. What an awful thing to say.
Just passing the trauma along, I suppose.
9. That would make life so much harder.
Confidence should begin at home.
8. An absolute slap in the face.
And in front of another person, to boot.
7. Never laugh at a kiddo’s pain.
Or anyone’s pain, to be honest, but especially a kid.
6. Such a small thing to be so nasty about.
It’s almost confusing, that reaction.
5. I hope she regretted it.
Doesn’t sound like she apologized, though.
4. People can be so awful.
And for what reason?
3. I feel sick for her.
What kind of parent does ANY of that?
2. Never put that stuff on kids.
Or anyone else, really, but for sure your kids.
1. It would be nicer if they paid for that therapy.
I’m guessing they didn’t.
These make me sick to my stomach.
Be nice to your babies, people; your opinions are everything for most of their lives.