If I had to give you one parenting tip that I was sure would help and apply to absolutely everyone, it would be to take parenting tips and “hacks” with a grain of salt – because at the end of the day, the person giving the tip doesn’t live in your house with your kids.
That said, these 13 parents have tried (and sometimes failed) in moments that surely will, if not help us all, amuse us. So here you go!
13. It’s easier for the teacher to throw them away.
She’s not supposed to be emotionally connected to them or whatever.
12. This probably works for husbands, too.
Especially if they’re hiding in the bathroom.
11. May I suggest “we’ll see.”
My kids definitely hear ‘no’ when I say that.
10. I wonder how long this will be effective.
I tell you, I’d like to find out for myself.
9. I’m convinced they can sense your excitement either way.
Also your frustration and impatience.
8. This totally works.
Because he doesn’t know what he wants, either. It could be anything!
7. But it won’t be the last day you love it.
No matter what 20yo you would be thinking.
6. Or being nice to you.
Or behaving all of the time in general.
5. They know, trust me.
Even if they can’t possibly know.
4. That has never stopped anyone from crying.
Yes, I know from personal experience.
3. Or the beverage of your choice.
If you don’t drink, I hear a nice massage also does the trick.
2. I’m going to try this.
It’s got to work as well as anything else.
1. It’s true, but still.
They can be spared the horrifying truth for a bit longer.
I never would have imagined some of these moments, but I sure do love them!
What’s your best tongue-in-cheek hack? Let’s keep the fun going in the comments!