Once you’ve had kids, being a parent is part of your identity. It’s not the sum of who you are, but it’s a lot of who you are, especially those first five or six years.
14. Some things aren’t up for discussion.
13. That baby isn’t cute until it’s down.
Then you can stare in awe.
12. And guess what? They’re both fine.
11. Even if you know it’s all an illusion.
The baby is never REALLY down for the night.
10. He’s probably not going to get it.
Men are not known for their subtlety.
9. I don’t even remember what that was like.
One day I suppose I will be there again.
8. That same child will tell you they did not poop their pants.
Nope, nothing to see here.
7. Oh man that smell is the worst.
There’s nothing like it.
6. Don’t even stress about it.
There’s nothing you can do.
5. Easy enough to avoid.
Just never show it to them, and never let them have friends.
4. You’re not the boss.
The sooner you accept this, the better.
3. Your kid knows the truth.
At least they do if you’re doing it right.
2. Or your dog.
Basically you can never stop in your tracks.
1. Just let it go.
They’re not in your face, so count your blessings.
I’m still giggling!
Which one of these have you already sent to a friend? Tell us in the comments!