You might have heard recently that one of the wildfires burning out of control on America’s west coast was caused by fireworks set off at a gender reveal party.
Fireworks. In a dry field. During fire season.
Gender reveal parties have gotten so completely out of hand that even the woman who started them is asking people to just. stop.
Here are 14 images that prove she – and all of us – should cease and desist immediately.
But at least no one died.
13. We hope you’re all as excited as we are to watch the world burn.
I hope they’re better parents after the kid is born.
12. Yes, all of this is fine.
(we are not fine please help us god)
11. Go big or go home, I guess.
Except you want to like, have a world for your baby to live in?
10. Everyone should get cake.
You shouldn’t need an excuse.
9. There’s something to be said for this method.
Mostly that very few other people care.
8. They’re definitely Instagram-worthy.
If that’s the goal…yay?
7. Hey, look at that.
I think this is the reveal for a super gay kid, yeah?
6. I think the women are just really excited to not be puking any more.
And who doesn’t like to blow stuff up?
5. Now that’s a party I can get behind.
Tell it like it is.
I mean, it’s true. But ouch.
3. Someone out there thinks this looks like a good color scheme.
I see you. Stop.
2. I feel sorry for this kid.
Mostly because of his parents.
1. When you put it that way.
It’s the only way to put it, actually.
Me? I posted a picture on FB announcing my pregnancy and my kid’s genitals at the same time.