To be honest, I never thought winter was that fun as a kid, except for the whole “getting to stay home from school” thing. Which was pretty great.
When you’re an adult you don’t even get that – even if you do get to stay home from work, you’ve probably got kids to look after, snow clothes to dig up and put on, puddles to mop off the floor, and you know, everyone can work from home, now, so you’ll probably be doing that, too.
If you’re feeling this whole mood, here are 14 memes that sum it up!
14. It’s pretty as long as you don’t have to go out in it.
Said every Midwesterner ever.
13. It doesn’t give you a chance to hide your incompetence.
And we all need a little help in that area sometimes.
12. You can never be too prepared.
I so identify with the moms in these memes now.
11. I mean, how can you step out there?
You just can’t.
10. If you’re looking for a bright side…
No ticks, either.
9. You do what you’ve gotta do to motivate yourself.
Trust me, when it’s freezing, you’re gonna need it.
8. I’d rather be warm than cute.
Write that on my tombstone.
7. There’s some anxiety involved.
Even when you know the tricks of the trade.
6. It’s rough out there.
Stay home if you can.
5. We all think we’re so good at it until we’re staring it down.
And then it’s never as easy as we remember.
4. Depends on how long before you have to be at work.
It might take care of it.
3. That would be the life, y’all.
Sadly, we decided to have children.
2. Some thing never change.
You’ve gotta keep some of that childhood wonder on board.
1. I mean, fair.
We all need warning labels.
Yeah, I think moving somewhere with a milder winter might actually be the answer.