It seems more likely to me that we would find grocery stores living in the past than in the future, but listen – we’re all surely tempted to leap ahead these days, because no matter what the future holds, it has to be better than what’s going on in the now.
So maybe these 15 futuristic grocery stores really have the right idea!
15. Where does this posh future exist?
I can’t imagine my local chain springing for this.
14. Where do they find every sort of balloon, though?
Asking for reasons.
13. Cheaper than staying open 24 hours.
Fingers crossed they never lose power, though.
12. These look like portals to the Ministry of Magic.
In which case…jealous.
11. Oh look it’s all dudes.
Department stores are totally doing this next.
10. Look at that good boi!
My dog would laugh at those and then run wild around the store.
9. If there’s one thing you want to try before you buy…
I’d take this opportunity, for sure.
8. This is a legit amazing idea.
I wish they weren’t plastic, though.
7. This would have saved my muscles so many times.
I am the worst about picking things up.
6. It’s such a small thing.
Unless your milk goes splat on the pavement, then it’s a big thing.
5. Is there anything more relevant to our times?
I think not.
4. I bet it would still take me forever to find the pimentos, though.
WHY AREN’T THEY WITH THE OLIVES?
3. That many people read labels?
I guess I’m not as old as I thought.
2. I would be tempted to troll this aisle for laughs.
And also tearful reuinions.
1. I know where all the college kids shop.
And all of the adults in kid’s clothing.
I’m honestly amazed by these pictures, y’all.
Is your local grocery store out there innovating like this? If so, please share the details with us in the comments!