There always has to be that one person in the family who “puts their foot down” when it comes to pets. If there wasn’t, the rest of us would be edged out of our own homes by fur and exuberant affection – and we wouldn’t even mind.
That said, the “firm” person always seems to be the one the pet bonds with first and hardest – like with these 17 dads, who are eating their words (and probably some pet fur).
17. Even though you got the noisiest dog possible.
It must be love.
16. Look at that big baby!
The husband knows he’s been busted, too.
15. The dog is UNDER THE BLANKET.
He doesn’t care about the shedding. Nope.
14. They are besties.
The cat did not consent to have her picture taken, though.
13. The dog does not appreciate the interruption.
They’re reading the paper, hello.
12. That cat was never going anywhere.
Who doesn’t need a warm cuddly nap buddy?
11. My heart just exploded.
We all deserve a love like this one!
10. That is one happy dad!
And rodent, too, I guess. Hard to tell.
9. So much proof!
Something tells me there’s more, too.
8. When they get down to the animal’s level, you know you’ve got them.
This guy is toast.
7. They have matching raincoats.
So much to unpack here.
6. Well if this isn’t the sweetest.
That is one content puppers.
5. Ain’t that the truth?
That’s a lot of cats!
4. Makes you wonder why the rule!?
Also, those shoes are peak dad.
3. So proud of his handiwork!
As he should be, honestly.
2. That expression on dad’s face.
1. This is so extra.
I love it.
These pictures just warm my heart.
They also inspire me to “find” a cat so my husband just can’t say no!