I think that doormats are not only a great way to welcome people to your home, but also to inform (warn?) people what they’re getting when they step inside. Are you funny? Traditional? Are they going to walk out with wet tongue scrapes and fur all over them (presumably because of a dog)?
Doormats are the way to let people know!
These 20 people have stumbled across some truly hilarious offerings, so take note!
20. Just a rundown of what to expect.
Or maybe they just have a sleeping toddler. Either the way, don’t mess with it.
19. Some weirdos don’t like dogs.
This is what’s known as a “fair warning.”
18. This is really very helpful.
Except, do people really still iron these days?
17. No one wants to hear all of that barking.
Or get mauled at the door.
16. Some harsh truths from a mat.
Then again, it’s good to know where you stand (literally).
15. Awww, I will listen to her sing any day.
Look at that face!
14. Game of Thrones fans, this one’s for you.
Though, is anyone still a fan after that last season??
13. People with dogs also love doormats about dogs.
This seems to be true, right?
12. When you want to appear extremely helpful.
But really you’re just funny.
11. Knowing my husband, this would be good enough.
Unless he was expecting a package for himself.
10. I don’t know why this made me laugh so hard.
Oh, wait. Yes I do.
9. If you can’t answer, just go ahead and turn around.
Just kidding! (maybe)
— Tom Donahue (@tdotdo) September 30, 2019
8. Doxie owners really love their doxies.
If you’ve met one, you know.
7. It looks as if your cat is always welcoming you home.
When in reality, that probably happens only 30% or so of the time.
6. This mat serves a dual purpose.
It’s a earworm AND it gives excellent instruction.
5. For the nerds in the room.
There are always more of us than we initially thought.
4. Yoda is wise.
You should almost always take his advice.
3. For me, anyway.
If you need more, go read another couple of doormats.
2. It’s important to be inclusive.
This might go a bit too far, though. Hard to say.
1. Not all dog’s barks are friendly.
And even if they are, not all people want you to visit.
I’m happy with my Schitt’s Creek doormat, but some of these are still sorely tempting.
What’s your favorite doormat? Share a pic with us in the comments!