You can read all of the books and talk to all of the experienced friends and family you have, but the hard truth of the matter is, there’s no way to know what motherhood is like until you’re holding that baby in your arms for the first time.
There are so many emotions, so many fears, so many hormones, and expectations, and and and – and if you’re looking down the pike and you’re curious, here are how 12 women reacted on that very first day.
12. There is seriously not even a moment of peace.
I was always so ready to get home.
11. I can’t even imagine.
Stress on top of stress.
10. That’s a fair feeling.
It takes a moment to realize everyone is moving forward.
9. Overwhelmed has to be a common feeling.
Along with so, so tired.
8. Don’t be ashamed.
Don’t be afraid to talk to your doctor.
7. I can’t imagine anything scarier.
I hope everything worked out ok.
6. People don’t realize how scary it can be.
Giving birth is nothing to take lightly.
5. No one should be judged on that day.
There’s just too much going on.
4. Just because you don’t mind paying doesn’t mean there’s not a cost.
3. You can’t make those mental images go away.
Just go with your gut.
2. The emotions are hard to pin down.
It’s an absolute flood.
1. There’s no right way to react.
Also, remember the overwhelm.
Man, this brings back memories. Intense doesn’t even cover it.
What’s your memory from your first day of motherhood? Share it with us in the comments!