There are tips and tricks for everything, especially on the internet. Some of them really work and are helpful on a daily basis, while others are just cool bits of knowledge that most of us will never put to use.
Most of us wish we were a bit more financially savvy, though, and it can be a hard trade to learn, especially when you’re young and starting out, and most people assume you know the answers to questions you’ve never had occasion to ask before.
If you’re looking for more money smarts, let TikTok step in – they’re surprisingly good and giving great answers!
9. The stock market doesn’t have to be scary.
Especially if you’re young, my friends – get in and let it ride.
8. Some savings accounts are better than others.
The one offered at your local bank is usually not the best way to go.
7. If you’re lost on what kind of retirement account to open.
Yes, open one. Here are the pros and cons of opening a Roth IRA.
6. Saving doesn’t have to be as hard as we make it.
A little every day adds up, and it won’t hurt as much if you break it down like this!
5. Convinced you want a Roth IRA but don’t know where to start?
This girl has a step-by-step guide that will make it seem simple.
4. Don’t assume that being a broke student is the way it has to be.
Anyone can figure out how to cut some corners and do it better, my friends.
3. Don’t use being a student as an excuse.
It’s never too early to start exploring your options, and it’s never too early to start saving money, either.
2. Do you struggle to understand compound interest and how it can work for you?
This user for sure has your back. I’m off to watch it one more time.
1. If you’ve got your first job that’s offering to match your 401K contributions, here’s what you do.
Put in the max they’re matching. Don’t even think twice.
I feel smarter already, and I’m definitely old enough to “know” what I’m talking about.
What’s your favorite bit of money advice? Drop it in the comments!