One of the world’s universal truths is just that you can’t understand what it’s like to have kids until you actually have kids. The good, the bad, the ugly, the heartache – it all just comes out of nowhere.
Also, you can totally start to get jokes like these 10, which on some days, is really all you need.
10. At least she can still laugh about it.
And the kids are in on the joke.
9. I bathe my kids every day.
Because my husband gives them showers not because I do it. Ha!
8. How true is this, though?
And yes, it is weird if you think about it but we’re all too sleep-deprived to do that.
7. A scarily accurate description.
Especially the last part.
6. Except for the smell.
Most days, anyway.
5. This is the worst part of parenting.
I can’t wait until they’re old enough to make their own bowl of cereal at night.
4. Or just a regular week.
Keeping it real, here.
3. I’m pretty sure they learned it from my husband.
The dishwasher is RIGHT THERE.
2. Only every single night.
Why do they hate to sleep so much?!
1. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
Whatever that means, but this is brilliant.
On the days I’m questioning my life choices, I’ll be thankful that at least I can laugh at memes like these! And if we can’t laugh, well, time to hang it up.
What’s your best “ah, I get this now” story after having kids? Tell us about it in the comments!