When you’re a parent, you want to have adorable, sweet photographs that will let you remember the glow of your kid’s childhood once they’re older and crabby and stuff.
Unfortunately, the school photographers can only do so much, and kids have their own agenda (if and when they even realize there is one to be had), and honestly, sometimes humor is better than cute, right?
At least, I hope that’s the attitude these 20 parents managed to find when these school pictures found their way home.
20. He took that freedom and ran with it.
Remember that for the next time.
19. How can you not frame this?
Answer: you can’t.
18. No reshoots, please.
You cannot improve upon perfection.
17. Girlfriend knew exactly what she was doing.
She’s making the same face now!
Reagan brought home her school pictures today. Should I ground her or high-five her? #2020
16. They’d better hope he never commits a crime.
Because that picture will end up on the air.
15. To be fair, no one knows how to smile in 1st grade.
I don’t know what to say about the eyes, though.
14. Bless her heart.
Great taste in music.
13. You can’t be mad about these.
12. He was just doing what he was told.
This is so funny.
11. Definitely not the kid’s fault.
This one is on the school/photog.
10. She is all of us.
She’ll learn how to smile one day. Probably.
9. I mean, she looks fine.
Bless her heart.
8. To be fair, she still looks super cute.
Maybe she wants to be a model.
7. That’s certainly a mood.
I hope he gets a laugh out of it one day.
I’m sure everyone needs a good laugh these days so thanks to my latest mom fail…you’re welcome in advance haha 😂Mason…
6. Wooooowwww this is a lot to take in.
I don’t know where to look first.
5. And now he’s a meme.
That expression is all the kid, though.
My mom mixed up pajama day and picture day pic.twitter.com/De9v0HrIdg
— Jules (@hashtagjules) April 3, 2014
4. The Timberlands. The shirt.
Oh my god the Pee Wee Herman.
3. I have a lot of questions.
Mostly about the egg.
2. He captured the very sweet smile.
I have no idea what he’s looking at, though.
1. This is the best thing I’ve ever seen.
Truly. In my entire life.
I can only hope one of my kids comes home with an epic photo like this one day.
Because that would truly be a day that me and my hubby would LOL for days.
Has one of your kids’ school photos ever surprised you? Tell us how in the comments!